Lockdown in containment zones extended till June 30, says MHA
A day before the fourth phase of nationwide lockdown ends, Ministry of Home Affairs Saturday said it will be in place in containment zones till June 30. With more than 8,000 fresh cases reported in 24 hours, India’s tally rose to 1,73,763. The death toll stood at 4,971.
Releasing guidelines for Lockdown 5.0, the ministry said the restrictions at other places would be lifted in phases. In the first phase, places of worships, hotels, restaurants and shopping malls would be allowed to open while classes in schools, colleges, and other educational institution would resume in the second phase after consultation with the state authorities.
Over 59,00,000 people have been infected with the virus worldwide with the death toll at 3,64,867. As many as 24,93,535 people have recovered so far, according to a tally by John Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre.