After the controversy has erupted regarding the three youths who were killed in the Hokersar encounter, police have come out with the response in the media.
Jammu and Kashmir’s Director General of Police (DGP) Dilbagh Singh Thursday said that he has no reason to dispute what a senior army official has stated about Lawaypora Srinagar encounter in which three “militants were killed”, but added that police will “still investigate the claims made by families of slain three.”
“I have no reason to dispute what the GoC Kilo Force (H S Sahi) has stated about the Lawaypora encounter. The families of two slain youth claimed that their children had gone to submit forms at a University, I want to ask them what were their children doing at the encounter site if they had gone to submit a form,” DGP Singh said.
GoC Sahi while addressing the media yesterday had stated that the slain trio had plans to carry out a big strike on the Srinagar-Baramulla highway and that they turned down repeated surrender offers.
Police had earlier also come out with a statement saying that these three youths were not in their list of active militants however police said two of them were OGW’s.
About the third youth police said he could have been freshly recruited.
The National Conference has demanded a time bound probe into allegations of these families while Mehbooba Mufti asked the administration to come clean on this issue.